Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Harry Potter!

Recently, while I was in Raleigh visiting a friend, I saw the new Harry Potter movie which I enjoyed a great deal. I know some people who were not to fond of it, but I reject this statement as I have disliked almost every Harry Potter movie to date, and yet have still seen them all except Part one of Book Seven. It had the special something that the others were lacking and, in my opinion, put a nice bow on the series.

The movies are not why I am writing this however. The movies stirred up a thirst in me that can only be quenched by reading the books. I started Sunday evening when I couldn't hold it off any longer, since then I have gotten to a third of the way through book two. I'm not exactly going for a speed reading, but I am trying to go quickly, I am curious to see how long it is going to take me to get through the entirety of the books. I would like it to be before I move back to Boone, which will be a tentative 9th. It's been moved so many times I am not even sure anymore.

Despite my quickness i am truly enjoying my re-reading of this series. I forgot how much I love the world that was created by J.K. Rowling. Her's, more than any other world created, I want to inhabit. I wouldn't even mind having a normal life, if you can call anything normal in her world. But enough writing, I'm going to escape again into her magical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment