Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mego is Dying in the Redneck Wilderness: a Story of Survival

So, Megan is in Mount Airy today celebrating her fathers birthday. She has been sending me distress texts all day. She is on the very edge of the imaginary cliff. I have tried to help her; she needs to acclimate in order to survive. She needs to take some of that super redneck beer that they have lying around, down a few bottles, and become one of them. It is in her blood. She can do it. She has it in her. The problem, however, is that she is not taking any of the very excellent advice that I am giving her. She is instead sitting all by her lonesome and trying to not be noticed by being quiet. This plan has a high probability of failing. Once she is noticed and brought into the part by the crazy rednecks, there is nothing that she can do in order to blend back into her hiding place! UPDATE: Megan is drinking Natty Light. She may make it after all. The blending has begun. SECOND UPDATE: Scarves are now the topic of conversation, Megan and her hipster self has something that she is an expert on. She may be okay. She may make it. Small victories as she says.

On a different note, that first part only came about because I didn't know what to title this blog. I don't really even know what I want to write about. I just know that I wanted to do one. I am sitting in the back office of my workplace, all by myself. It's sad, because someone does have to be here at almost all times, and i wasn't going to make Casey or Kristin, my two coworkers for the day, sit back her all by themselves. I would feel bad pushing this solitude on someone else, especially a girl. Though that is from my silly personality. Plus this event I am working is a primarily all male event. Despite the fact that everyone here is probably an upstanding person who would never do anything, you just don't want to ever take that chance. Especially when the entire building is unlocked. Anyone could wander in here right now. So yeah, safety.

On a different different note, life is pretty good right now. I might even go as far as to say fantastic. There are a lot of stressful events that are going on around me, with all of my classes having as many exams as possible in a very short amount of time, and school work in general is starting to come up, and while all that is happening work is finally starting to go into full swing. Despite all that I am happy. I've been kinda happy for the past year and months and such, since my big downfall into sadness, caused by an evil girl. But mostly I have been angry and sad. No longer is that the case. And the best part is that it isn't ALL because of a different girl. Over the Christmas holiday, I figured out a few different things. I can't really place when it happened or anything that may have been a catalyst, but i have leg go of the past. It's a relief really. The new year started with me not hating the world for being a terrible place. I wasn't as angry and actually happy.

Of course, that alone couldn't put me at the level that I am currently. There is a girl. Not a new one really, she has been around for a very long time. 4 yearsish? The details get fuzzy with my strange High School experience, but I have known her for ages. Over the past year, we have had a lot of ups and downs in our relationship. The last down was a time in which we didn't talk for a few months really, because of me and a decision I made. Now, however, we have entered into a kind of friendationship. We talk often and both share a complex array of emotions and feelings towards each other. The biggest problem we have is the 712 miles between us. And for that reason we are not currently pursing any kind of legitimate relationship, at the moment. We both just look at the unknown future and think that it may one day become possible. Honestly, this wording is a bit of a downplay. We both would really like the opportunity to see what would happen. I feel that it could quite possibly work out very very well. I am planning on attempting to visit her this summer. It is starting to look more and more like a reality. If I can get the money to take a trip up there I would be extremely happy. It would be nice to see her in person for more than the 30 minutes I saw her once on a trip back from visiting family.

Alright, some quick house keeping. If you don't listen to We're Alive, the Zombie podcast of Survival, you need to. It is an amazing radio drama that has captured my attention like no other zombie story ever has. It is amazing and everyone should give it a shot. The first few episodes are a LITTLE shotty, but it quickly gets it's legs and explodes into an amazing story and piece of art. I destroyed my Tax test. It's awesome, I feel I really understand that stuff. Uh, I think that may be it...Yeah. I need to get a sign off thing. Because this stuff is not covering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment