Tuesday, August 9, 2011

R' D' R D

Another late post, but this time it isn't my fault at all. I was planning on a nice evening at home relaxing for the most part when my great cubing friend asked if I wanted to do something tonight. The answer to that is always yes, unless I have other plans, but usually even then as we don't get to hang out as often as I would like. And seeing as I was already in Winston, the place where he lives and where we hang out (the Starbucks by my mothers work), it seemed as if it was meant to be. After I finished up my business in Winston, buying dress clothes so I actually have some when the time arises, I head over to the Starbucks unprepared for what the evening had in store for me. My friend got me my very own 3x3 Rubik's cube and taught me how to solve it! I have already solved it twice today, and did a solve of his 2x2, and I am going to solve it one more time before i go to bed (if I can manage, my brain is quite tired). I'm so excited!

I talked to my roommates today for the first time this summer really. It's nice to know that they were paying attention to me at least even if they weren't replying. They noticed when I moved the day I was moving in, which was originally the 9th, back a day. Makes me feel good. I can't wait to get up there. It is going to be nice, and very weird having an apartment. I have never lived in a place that was "mine". I almost feel that it shouldn't be happening yet. Either way I am very excited. One more day!

Things are better with my friend that I had the argument with. My SDBF, or superest dooperest bestest friend. It's cheesy and corny and comes from a joke mostly, but I think it aptly describes us...for the most part. But we are doing much better. Hopefully tomorrow we'll actually get to talk as we have been planning it for a good long while. Who knows though. Tomorrow night is pretty up in the air as it is my last night in town. Hopefully though.

Anyway, it's bed time, and I need to finish this cube before I head to bed, so here is where I end this post.

P.S. The title is an algorithm i learned today. After 6 iterations it will take the cube from unsolved back to solved. It's awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment